Kingsland Road c.1802
Catalogue Reference: P1728
© London Borough of Hackney Archive Department
The area to the left of the illustration was occupied in 1602 by a large townhouse
and in 1723 by the Shoreditch Parish Charity School. When the road was widened
in 1802 the school was rebuilt and a new house built next door; these can be seen
in the illustration. A single-storey cafe now occupies the site at No.2.